Good evening, Pondering Phans!
As I contemplate my content release schedule, and taking into consideration my responsibilities as a teacher and doctoral student, I’ve decided that Friday night posts will be done in a more quick-hitting manner. “Paternal Ponderings” will be a weekly segment on the site and podcast! Each week, I’ll be slinging my opinions on just about everything! If you have something to add or you just want to disagree, be sure to leave a comment! I’d love to engage in more discussions with readers.
- It is with tremendous excitement that I announce my first scheduled interview for The Pondering Podcast (with others in the works!). On January 28, I’ll be interviewing national recording artist, Stephen Kellogg!
- I’ve been a Stephen Kellogg fan for years. I distinctly remember attending countless shows at the Paradise Rock Club, hanging out with him post-show at Club Passim in Harvard Square, and sitting 2nd row at the taping of Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers: One Night in Boston DVD. For those of you unfamiliar with Kellogg’s work, I urge you to check out his music ASAP! His online store, run completely by family members, is currently having a phenomenal sale (including a BOGO on vinyl records!). I’ll also be writing a post on the man himself for next Wednesday’s release! Be sure to subscribe to The Pondering Podcast on iTunes, SK fans!
Patriots on a Mission to Minnesota
- The New England Patriots begin their playoff run tomorrow evening against the Tennessee Titans from a sold-out Gillette Stadium. The Pats are certainly hungry for some game action after last week’s bye to start the NFL Playoffs. In the wake of last week’s ESPN article, the question on everybody’s mind is: “How will the Pats respond?” My guess? They crush the Titans.
- Final Score Prediction: Patriots 45 Titans 17
New Album Release of the Week: Umphrey’s McGee “it’s not us”
- Earlier today, veteran jam/prog act, Umphrey’s McGee released their eleventh (!) studio album titled, “it’s not us.” UM is another band that I’ve had the pleasure of seeing many times in the past, and I’m loving this album after one spin. 2018 is looking to be a big one for the band from Indiana. Be sure to grab the new disc today, and keep an eye out for upcoming dates!
New England Revolution Eyeing Providence Stadium?
See you later, see you soon! (See what I did there, SK fans?)
The Pondering Father